Behold Rotorua’s bubbling geysers, hike past aquamarine bays and sparkling glaciers, or try abalone and other Maori favorites while overlooking Auckland’s waterfront; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover New Zealand:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including Maori customs, history, environment, active pursuits, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out New Zealand map (included in print version), plus over 35 regional or neighbourhood maps
- Useful features – including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Travel with Kids, andWhat’s New
- Coverage of Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Lower North Island, Marlborough, Nelson, Christchurch, Central South, Queenstown, The South, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover New Zealand, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check outLonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island guide or New Zealand’sNorth Island guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these islands has to offer.